Saturday, March 11, 2017

Memoirs with Jeremy

Jeremy's birthday was Thursday the 9th.  I spent the day sharing pictures and poems of my son.  It helps and is a process of keeping his memory alive....I love honoring him. Jeremy would be 32 years old - he would be married with children and would be buying a home.  I think he would have furthered his career in the Marines - he loved being in the military.  There was red tape as in any profession but he loved the Marines and his fellow brothers. 

It will be six years soon - April 6th.  It is still very hard and unfathomable - I still have trouble totally wrapping my mind around that he isn't with us in the earthly realm.  I miss him more each day and love him even more every second of every day.  I am lucky in the fact that he died a hero - saving at least six Marines and giving them the opportunity to return to their families.  He knew he wasn't going to return - as did I .  He was the only one of his platoon that had any experience - none of the others had ever done a tour - he knew he had to go with them to Afghanistan.  I am so proud of him and I hold no resentment or jealousy of any kind toward these men....they love my son and we are all thankful for his strength and bravery.

I don't mean to sound as though I am "bragging" - it is such a sacred time to me and it gives me strength and courage as my son had - his to die - mine to live.

Proud Mom of
Ssgt. Jeremy D. Smith USMC 03-09-85-04-06-11

I love you Sonshine

No comments:

Post a Comment