Friday, November 13, 2015

Memoirs with Jeremy

What a sad and tragic world we live in today.  There is so much crime and violence in our beautiful United States of America that I barely recognize it.  It is shameful.  My son died for this great nation to protect it and us and here we are today killing each other off over matters that could easily be resolved.  It is unrecognizable.   It saddens me to my very core.  My son fought to keep us safe - gave his life to keep his brothers in arms safe.....his family and friends. ..the country he loves.....he gave the ultimate gift and sacrifice.

I love you son.  I am proud of you.  So very proud.

To my son I hope I bring honor.  Veterans day was particularly hard this year.  We always were able to honor that day together.  It is lonely here on this earth without you.  I think of you every second of every day son.  I miss and love you more than life itself.

Ssgt. Jeremy D. Smith USMC 03-09-85 -04-06-11

No comments:

Post a Comment