Sunday, November 11, 2012

Memoirs with Jeremy



I see a miracle in the trees swaying in the breeze and the rustle of the leaves with bees buzzing from plant to plant pollenating as it goes by.

To me a miracle is when I feel the warmth of the sun on my skin or the moon shedding light on a path to guide me.

I see a miracle in the sweet-innocent souls of children and their zest for life, when love graces your eyes with an elderly couple lovingly holding hands; best friends forever.

To me it is a miracle to walk underneath the trees in a forest or sand between my toes warm from the sun with the scent of the ocean filling my lungs.

I see a miracle in sitting at a table with friends and family; provisions made to share one with the other laughing and coming together in harmony and love.

To me a miracle is watching the birds of the air spreading their wings across the blue sky without a care; their song filling my ears and my heart with their sweet symphony of angelic melodies.

I see a miracle is the vastness of the sky of endless planets and the air we breathe that goes into infinity, the boundless oceans and seas with all it contains, the mountains jetting from the earth in glory, the stars shining and glimmering quietly, every hour and every minute ticking one by one in this space and time reality.

To me a miracle is sensing oneness with my son in all things and being blessed with the manifestation of his visits saying I live on Mom, I am here, I am with you and we are forever connected. 

I see the miracle in the legacy of courage, loyalty and love in its purest essence left to the world by Ssgt. Jeremy D. Smith, United States Marine Corps and all men and women of uniform who have sacrificed their lives so that we are free and live in safety.

 

In love and honor to my son Ssgt. Jeremy D. Smith, USMC, 03-09-85-04-11-06 who gave the ultimate sacrifice for us all.  You make me so proud son and it is an honor to be your mom.   You, my Warrior Angel, are a very special miracle, thank you for all you have done for your family and for America.

Thank you to all men and women of uniform for all your sacrifices including the ones we know not of.

No comments:

Post a Comment