Friday, May 25, 2012

Memoirs with Jeremy


Memorial Day May 28, 2012 Memoirs with Jeremy

In honor of my son Ssgt. Jeremy D. Smith USMC and in commemoration of all the armed forces killed in war; I thank you for your sacrifice for our country and standing for those of us who reside in the United States of America for our freedom of rights, speech and the liberties we have as Americans.

There aren’t enough words to describe the depth of my love and loyalty to my son; it is infinite and immutable.  He is a precious gift and I am thankful for the 26 years I had with him.  He is the link that made us a family; he is loving, kind, witty and the most loyal person I have ever known.  I can attest to the fact that the core values and creed of the United States Marine Corps of honor, courage and commitment ran through Ssgt. Jeremy D. Smith’s veins; even privately.  Whatever task at hand he did so 150%; including being a Marine; giving his life for our country.

You could not ask for a more stellar friend, son or Marine.  I cannot bring myself to speak of him in the past tense; I have sensed his presence and have seen his energy and I believe from my soul that he is a “Warrior Angel” in the nonphysical realm.   I believe with all my being that there is a very special place in heaven for our warriors; Valhalla.

Sandra K. Harris-Smith, Proud Mom of Ssgt. Jeremy D. Smith USMC

  Ssgt. Jeremy D. Smith     United States Marine Corps     03-09-85 – 04-06-11
Born in Arlington, Texas, Martin High School and has a Bachelors Degree, Bronze Star with Valor Medal, Purple Heart Medal

No comments:

Post a Comment